[ct-user] CT can't read frequency from radio SOLVED

Bill Santelmann n1au at rcn.com
Thu Feb 23 14:28:20 EST 2006

John,

Yes, indeed, it was an IRQ conflict! The problem has been fully
resolved, thanks to your suggestions. 9.74 works very well now, and I
might just try version 10.02.008 again!

Thanks very much, my friend!

Bill N1AU

John Bednar wrote:

 > Bill,
 >
 > My previous radio was a TS-850. There were versions of CT that had
 > problems with this radio.
 > Since you are using true Dos and not a Win98 Dos window, I would try
 > these things next.
 >
 >  - Make sure the IRQ for the com port that you are using for the
 > radio is not used for another device or port. CTDos needs a
 > dedicated IRQ for the COM port. Internal modems use IRQ 3 or 4 so
 > they overlap with the COM1 and COM2 IRQ.
 >  - Make sure you are using the latest COMTSR's from the CT website.
 >  - Download older versions of CTDos and try them to eliminate the
 > possibility of a program problem. CT9.27 was a stable version and I
 > think it worked well with my TS-850. CT9.45 and CT9.49 seem to be
 > familiar also.
 >

 > John
 > k3ct at verizon.net

perfectly, with CT for DOS under Windows 98SE and using a Kenwood
TS-940. I started with the current version 10.02.008 but noticed
 >> that:
 >>
 >> 1) When logging a contact, CT would first shift to 20 meters and
 >> then log the call, power, and time on 20 meters. I had to correct the
 >> logged entry band and then shift CT to my actual operating band to
 >> continue. Each logged entry would repeat this process.
 >> 2) While Alt-F1 worked to shift band down, Alt-F2 had no effect at
 >> all.
 >> 3) My TopTen antenna switch operating from LPT1 would not follow
 >

 > the
 >
 >> chosen band.
 >> 4) A frequency could be written to my TS-940 from a spot or the
 >

 > log
 >
 >> entry, but neither the band or frequency could be read from the
 >> radio to CT.
 >> 5) Log entries simply show the lower band edge, such as 7.000 or
 >> 14.000, regardless of actual radio frequency, unless a frequency has
been previously read into the radio, in which case that frequency shows