[ct-user] Band Map

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Fri Jan 27 14:38:21 EST 2006

Thanks to all who responded to my question about Bandmap. It appears
that "Alt ," is what I want.

My intention is only to keep track of stations that I have heard or
worked. I am operating as a Single Operator, unassisted, and will not be
looking at cluster spots or even have a cluster connection running. My
logging computer is not even connected to internet or packet. I just
want to keep track of the CQ machines, so I don't have to wait to hear
their callsigns in order to know that I have heard them before.

My printed manual for CT indicates the command is "Alt - ," which as far
as I can tell does exactly the same as "Alt ,". I was misinterpreting
the comma as part of the sentence and not part of the command. I could
not tell the comma is in bold print, until looking again using sun
light. "Alt -" without the comma does nothing, so far as I can tell.

I have been using CT for about ten years now, and have never used band
map before. I don't know how I missed it. It seems like it will be a
very useful tool, especially in the later hours of the contest.

TNX AGN 73 ES ALOHA DE N6KB