[ct-user] CW Abbrev & Leading Zeros

R.T.Liddy k8bl at ameritech.net
Thu Nov 2 10:35:44 EST 2006

John,

  Tnx for the info.  I read over the Updates & Changes (thru 10.03) and I didn't
  find anything new.  I'm using a Leading Edge (Bleeding Edge - hihi) 486DX2(66)
  that is quite old, obviously.  But, it lends itself well to DOS stuff and multiple
  Serial Interfaces.  So, I'm just running CT on plain old reliable DOS.

  I'd like LZOFF and NOCWABBREV as the documentation says, but things
  don't want to change from booting up just as CT and being LZON & CWABBREV.
  My old 9.66 works OK without being told anything about LZ's & ABBREV's.

  Maybe I'll download the latest 10.XX and see if it'll run on my machine. I hate to
  be trying new stuff so soon before SSCW.  But, it's so frustrating to be stuck
  with features I don't want.

  73 de Bob K8BL

John Bednar <k3ct at verizon.net> wrote:

Bob,

When using an older version of CT/CTWin you probably are on your own
in determining what does or doesn't work. I suggest that you look at
the release notes after version 9.92 to see if it was fixed.

Besides the -LZ start switch, there are four commands: LZON, LZOFF,
NOCWABBREV, CWABBREV listed in this document which is current to
version 10.03. I can't tell you if these commands are in 9.92 or
9.66.
http://www.k1ea.com/CT_additions.htm

Is there something wrong with CT/CTWin 10.03 that we should know
about?

John
k3ct at verizon.net