[ct-user] CTWIN - IC 756PRO-2 setup

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Thu Oct 26 14:56:31 EDT 2006

--- "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz at verizon.net> wrote:

> Trying to get an Icom 756 Pro-2 to talk to CTWIN. Using version 10.03. When
> I select either 756 or 756 PRO-2 or 756 PRO-3 CTWIN does not echo.
> When I select 756 PRO, CTWIN can control the radio. But changing bands or
> spinning the vfo on the radio does nothing with CT.
> Any ideas how to correct?

Hi Tony,

Two issues:

The HEX address in the radio must match an ICOM HEX address that CT knows
about.  All 756-series use the same control code in CT I believe.

Second, for the ICOM to "babble" the radio CI-V interface must be in
"transceive" mode.  This is one of the "others" settings.  You probably have it
turned off.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us