[ct-user] CT DOS Users Check your Log times for WPX

N7MAL N7MAL at CITLINK.NET
Mon Mar 26 01:51:08 EST 2007

There is absolutely no reason not to set your computer to GMT. The
overwhelming majority of hams only need an accurate time stamp for 2
reasons, contests and master logbook. Both of which require GMT. Almost all
other ham radio activities like VHF, Satellite, LOTW, Eqsl, etc etc etc use
GMT. THEREFORE why not just set your computer to GMT and then you never have
to hyperventilate about your contest log not using the proper time ..??..
Very best 73

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: R Johnson
  To: CT-User at contesting.com ; N7MAL
  Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 6:21
  Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT DOS Users Check your Log times for WPX

  MAL:
  There is absolutely no need to set your computer to GMT !!!

  Setting your clock to GMT is like using "Rubber Gloves for Leaky Fountain
Pens"!!!

  Every program I have (20 year old DOS programs included) has provisions
for compensating
  for the "TIME ZONE" offset including the shift from "Standard Time" to
"Daylight Savings Time"
  where applicable !!!

  It appears that there is a problem how CT get it's time offset data after
using the "New DST
  Patches" !!!

  CT WIN works correctly, CT DOS has a problem !!!

  Normally we used to use the Time Variable command "set tz=est5edt" to
correct for EST/EDT
  change over. It doesn't work now !!!

  Somehow there is a problem as to how CT get it's info after patching !!!

  73
  Bob, K1VU

  At 00:29 3/26/2007, N7MAL wrote:
  >Why not set your computer to G.M.T.  ..??..
  >
  >MAL
  >N7MAL
  >BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
  ><http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm>http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm