[ct-user] [YCCC] CT Question

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Nov 7 04:54:55 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 6:27 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>wrote:

> > Does anyone know how to change the qso serial number within a CT BIN
>  file?

I don't believe CT stores sent serial number in the .BIN file.  The sent
serial number is assumed to be the "record number" in the bin file.  If you
need to change the sent serial number on a few QSOs, editing the Cabrillo
file is probably the easiest way to go.  It's OK to have "duplicate" serial
numbers or serial number "gaps" in the Cabrillo file.

> I recognize this can be done in cabrillo (after the fact) - but is there a
> > command string within the BIN program itself that can do this?

No.   If you want to renumber a whole bunch of QSOs (usually not a good idea
for Sweepstakes!), you'll have to run B2R10, edit the RES file to add or
remove lines, then run R2B10 and WRITELOG.  But it doesn't sound like this
is what you want to do.

73,
Bob, N6TV