[ct-user] CT on VISTA

Alan Zack k7acz at cox.net
Fri Oct 31 15:13:53 EDT 2008

Just wondering if anyone has been successful in getting CTWin to work with VISTA.
When I try to run any version of CTWin on VISTA CT crashes right away.  I tried using the DOS version 9.89.003 which during my pre contest test logs appeared to work OK.  But during the actual CQWWDX SSB contest I discovered that the CT clock lost time as compared with the PC time.  This is well documented in the archives (but no fixes) when the DOS version is used with a windows platform.  I had to keep correcting the CT time every 10-15 minutes to log my contacts at the proper time.  I'd rather not do that in the upcoming CQWWDX CW.