[ct-user] CTWin v10 won't run--"missing MSVCP71.dll"

Randy Powell w6sw at verizon.net
Sun Nov 8 04:33:17 PST 2009

I'm having a problem bringing up CTWin version 10.04.001. I'm running XP Pro and CTWin has worked on this computer before altthough we've reinstalled Windows on this machine.

Here's the error msg I get when I try to bring up CTWin:

Error message title bar:
ctwin.exe - Unable to Locate Component

Message:
This application has failed to start because MSVCP71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I tried to reinstall CTWin from k1ea.com but to no avail.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks & 73,
Randy W6SW