[ct-user] 10m XE states...the easiest way

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Dec 20 10:48:35 PST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL <dougzzz at gmail.com>
To: ct-user at contesting.com
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 13:06:33 -0500
Subject: 10m XE states...the easiest way

While the suggested solutions were relatively easy, I just didn't want
to bother...thought I'd forget to put back the original files....

So I did not do any of the file shifting to count the XEs.  I worked 3
XE states during the 10m contest.  Guess what...CT, without any
changes at all, accepts whatever you write in for the DX exchange, so
the XE State Abbreviations went in, no problem, and get incorporated
into the exchange field of the Cabrillo file output, no problem.  Of
course, I had to calculate my score by hand...big deal.  Minus one
country, plus 3 sections = net gain of 2 mults.  Points unchanged.

And, of course, knowing the score is only for personal edification,
since all contest sponsors recalculate the score based on your
Cabrillo-submitted file anyway.

de Doug KR2Q