Contest Weather

Robin E. Midgett rmidgett@bellsouth.net
Wed, 06 Sep 2000 18:57:03 -0500

If the weather keeps the Fourlanders from going to Mile High, I will not be
roving to the extent I am planning now...if at all. Please proceed with
caution...this is only a hobby, right? Lightning & rain are no fun with
little to no shelter.

At 03:46 AM 9/6/00 -0400, Jim Worsham wrote:
>I just checked the weather for Cherokee/Maggie Valley on www.weather.com  IT
>DOES NOT LOOK GOOD.  The forecast for Friday is thunderstorms all day with
>scattered thunderstorms Saturday and Sunday.  Having done the thunderstorm
>during a contest on a mountain thing before is frankly causing me to rethink
>going.  I know that everyone has put a LOT of hard work in preparation for
>this but I swore after that night on the mountain in June 1998 (those of you
>who were there remember it) that I was not doing that again.  I still don't
>know what was worse, the storm or it being so wet and cold the next morning.
>Anyway, check out the weather yourselves and let everyone know what you
>think.  We obviously need to make a decision by Thursday.
>
>73
>Jim W4KXY
>w4kxy@bellsouth.net
>

>--
>Submissions:              fourlanders@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  fourlanders-REQUEST@contesting.com
>Problems:                 owner-fourlanders@contesting.com

73,
Robin E. Midgett KB4IDC EM66se
1/2 of the Award Winning NT4L Rover Team
http://www.almostanywhere.com/vhf/vhf.html