Notes From Meeting Saturday

Jim Worsham wa4kxy@bellsouth.net
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 23:28:44 -0500

I am sure that our able secretary NX9O will put together some official
minutes for the meeting but I thought I would go ahead and summarize the
high points for the folks that didn't make it to the meeting.

The new constitution was approved with some minor editorial changes and K4RF
is going to proceed with our incorporation.

The following folks were elected by the membership present to the Board of
Directors for 2001:

W4KXY, K4EA, K4SZ, K4RF, NX9O

The following folks were elected by the Board of Directors as officers for
2001:

President - W4KXY
Vice President - KB4IDC
Secretary - NX90
Treasurer - K4EA

There was quit a bit of discussion with regards to contest plans for 2001.
Due to prior commitments for some members in the June time frame, it was
decided to just operate as W4NH in September.  The feeling was that this
would also give us enough time to really get our stuff together and really
do an all out effort this year.  It was also decided to return to the Mile
High Campground near Cherokee, NC since everyone really likes this location.
Some folks in the club may still get together for an effort in June but it
will probably just be from someone's home QTH and will not be an all out
effort under the clubs call.  I will contact the folks at Mile High
Campground and reserve the top four camping spaces for the contest station
just like last year.  I know that last year some folks came up with their
own campers for sleeping/camping purposes.  There is no problem with that
but I just want to make sure that everyone understands that the spaces the
club reserves at the top are for the contest station only.  I would love it
if everyone could be at the top but there simply is not enough room up there
and the setup of the contest station has to be a priority obviously.  If you
plan to bring a camper for your own use that is not part of the contest
station you need to contact Mile High Campground directly and reserve your
own camping space.  The next meeting of the club will be in June to begin
planning for September so stay tuned.

73
Jim W4KXY
w4kxy@bellsouth.net