[Fourlanders] Re: RED ALERT

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 4 01:49:57 EST 2003

I am back folks and all clean.  Yes it was w32.klez.h at mm.  For information
and tools to get rid of this bastard go to securityresponse.symantec.com
using an uninfected machine (I used mine at work).  You CAN NOT use the
antivirus software installed on your PC to get rid of it because one of the
first things it does when it infects your PC is disable any antivirus
software that is installed.  You have to use an uninfected machine to
download a special tool onto a floppy and then use it to clean your PC.  You
then uninstall and reinstall your antivirus software.  Don't forget to
update your antivirus software with the latest virus definitions and while
you are at it click the Start button and select Windows Update.  Download
and install all the critical security patches (you will be amazed at how
many there are).  I know I am sounding preachy but I just blew away two
evenings I could have been doing something else like spending time with my
kids to recover from this thing.  I apologise to all I may have infected.

73
Jim W4KXY