[Fourlanders] Planning meeting at Huntsville Fest

SteveWS4F at aol.com SteveWS4F at aol.com
Thu Aug 7 17:07:17 EDT 2003

In a message dated 8/7/03 12:29:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time, k4sz at alltel.net
writes:

> Steve, With the way we figured out how to lay things out with the two
> cargo trailers and all the tower trailers on top now, I really don't
> think there will be any room for your RV there.  I put a message on the
> reflector for whoever is responsible for the reservations to let you
> know what to do to reserve one, or maybe they'll do it for you.  I
> honestly don't remember who was in charge of reservations, etc.  If you
> don't hear from someone in a few days, we'll call Jim and see what he
> says about it.
>
> Glad to hear you'll be coming.  I'll think about the 1296 tube amp.  It
> does sound good to do 200 W!  I don't remember it though.  does it have
> a separate PS?  Is it one of the Hi-Specs?  and does it have an antenna
> relay?  All I can think of for now, but if we use it I'll probably need
> to get it and test it in the system.
>
> Thanks for the offer.
>
> BTW, Is it OK to use some of the other microwave gear you loaned me
> before June contest to get Robin on those bands as a rover?  I'll of
> course make sure we have all our bands up first, but I think I've got it
> figured out.
>

> 73 Bob

1.  I have followed your setup diagrams, etc. with interest- good job, by the
way- so I am not surprised there might not be room on top.  That is why I
asked :).  Hopefully, someone will let me know what I need to do to reserve a
spot, and what spot I need to reserve.

2.Hi-Spec late model single medium sized box.  We would need to come up with
relays and a keying system.  We can discuss it further whenever we get
together, and of course you could have it in advance to test if you wanted to use it.

3.  I would like to see what you are using now, and what you have of mine,
and, taking into account what I still have at home, discuss what would be best
to use on the mtn. on 5760 and 10G, what we might need to have on the mtn. as
backup, and what would be best to send with Robin.  You can Email to me any
preliminary info you think would be helpful, and we can then discuss it further
when we get together.

73,

Steve