[Fourlanders] September Contest Update

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 23 00:49:12 EDT 2004

I thought I would update everyone on contest planning.

I talked to Bob, K4SZ tonight.  Planning is proceeding on the 144, 222 and
432 MHz stations.  I will be going up to Bob's place next weekend to
checkout the 432 station, generators, etc. and help Bob with whatever needs
to be done.  The plan at the moment is to run 600-800 Watts on 144 MHz and
200 Watts on 222 and 432 MHz.  Antennas will most likely be single yagis on
each band.  I haven't heard anything from Neal about 50 MHz but I assume we
will run 1kw and a single yagi on that band.  Neal, please give us an update
on the plans for 6 meters.

Paul, W4SKI will be operating and cooking again.  We need to get a list of
everyone participating so Paul can purchase the correct quantity of food.
At this moment it is my understanding that the following folks will be on
the mountain participating: W4SKI, K4EA, K4SZ, W4KXY, WG8S and Ivan (I don't
remember his call).  If you are planning on participating but I didn't
mention you please speak up now.  Paul usually serves meals starting with
dinner on Friday through breakfast on Monday.  If don't plan to be on the
mountain that entire time please let us know that also.

As I mentioned in a previous email we will be having a fourlanders meeting
at Shelby on Saturday, September 4th.  KB4IDC, K4SZ and others will have
several spaces together in the fleamarket with Omar up for some shade.  Lets
meet there starting at 3 PM.  I can't tell you the exact location since we
will not know until we get there.  We will hang the Fourlanders and
Southeastern VHF Society banners up so if you wander around in the
fleamarket some you should be able to find us.  Just in case we will also
monitor 146.55 prior to the meeting.  Subject of the meeting will be mostly
contest planning.

That is all I have for now.

73
Jim W4KXY