[Fourlanders] June Contest, Diesel Genset

Robin Midgett rmidgett at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 1 22:47:28 EST 2004

Hi Fourlanders,
Concerning the June contest, we have an offer which I bring to you. Some of
you (most of you, I think) met my friend Fred Flowers KF4QZN at Shelby last
fall. Fred is interested in roving, and is interested in coming to the
mountain with us. He has also offered to bring his diesel fired 15kW Onan
generator, which is trailer mounted. This is the same generator head that
was on my Onan genset, but Fred's is diesel powered & water cooled. If we
want to reduce the noise & boost the available juice, this is a sure fire
way to do it. He is building a PD breaker box for the outfit, also.
I plan to help Fred get his rover rig in order between now and then, & he
will have his first rover experience in June. I might go along with him;
don't know yet. Ya'll mull over the generator offer and let us know what
you think.
Brian: assuming you still have control over the mailing list, please add
Fred to the Fourlanders list, using the address fred_flowers at msn.com

Thanks,
Robin Midgett KB4IDC
VHF+ Glutton EM66se