[Fourlanders] Score Summary and Pictures

Brian McCarthy rfacres at akorn.net
Tue Jul 6 09:28:17 EDT 2004

OOPS! My bad!

Well, almost equal to the record. I had done a bit of copy and paste to
the results table and missed the score, Q's and Grid's fields of the
June 2003 line. The score was 295,320 with 911 QSO's and 276 Grids. If
you look at http://www.w4nh.org/Results/results.htm the June 2003 entry
is changed. Following the link to the official results would have shown
the correct score. The archived email from when I posted last June's
score to the reflector is at
http://dayton.akorn.net/pipermail/fourlanders/2003-June/000353.html

I am pleased with the result even though it is not a record. It is is
little bit better than what I posted initially. The final submitted
total is 272,525, 813, 275. These numbers have also been added to the
results table.

My quick analysis/opinion is that conditions were a bit down for most of
the bands. Six meters was good to average, but was neither hopping nor
dead. The microwave activity helped us stay near the elusive 300K
barrier. That is the next hurdle that we need to get over. In other
words, I think we are good enough to submit a 300-400K+ score every
June. If we could have moved the whole team up to FM07 or so we should
have been able to break 400K. I am not saying we should go up that far
northeast. I am not willing to drive that far.

The log has been acknowledged by the ARRL log submission robot and our
call is listed in the logs submitted ARRL page. I posted the numbers to
the North East Weak Signal Group's June scores page. See
http://www.newsvhf.com/make-junscores.cgi   I have also posted all
available logs to LotW and eQSL. I have a stack of about 20 or so QSL's
to answer.

For the September contest - WE NEED TO MAKE SKED'S! Our numbers are
still a bit low for where the group is on a technical and organizational
basis. More about September in a future message...

Brian
NX9O