[Fourlanders] Shelby Dinner 2005

Bob Lear k4sz at alltel.net
Thu Aug 25 00:04:15 EDT 2005

Shelby Hamfest,  Sept 3, 4  Saturday and Sunday

Saturday evening beginning about 5pm we will again host our annual
SHELBY DINNER .  We meet

At Robin Midget’s sales tent, usually found on the main circle flea
market area.   Vhf’er everywhere are

Invited to join in for a great meal combined with friendship, laughter,
and even some show and tell microwave.

Rover stories are always in abundance, some of them are true, ask for
your custom rendition.

Be sure and ask Larry, AF4HX, about the homeland disaster drill in
Marion, NC this last weekend

And the large part that ham radio played.  This is one interesting and
encouraging story.  Much

We can learn from how the hams prepared months in advance.  We might
even get him to do a

Impromptu interview

..what say, Larry?

Steak, corn and baked potato cooked right on the spot by trained
chefs

.umm, so good.

Bob Lear will bring the steaks and you pay him at the dinner.  They
usually cost 6-7$

Please respond to this e-mail and let me know if you are going to attend
(OR NOT) and what kind of steak

You would like.  Choice is NY strip or Ribeye.  If possible respond by
Sunday night, last day to

Order you steak will be Tuesday Aug 30, this will give Bob time to get
the steaks ordered .

WE NEED:  Help with setting up and cooking, if we all pitch in
everything gets done much quicker,

We eat before we drop from hunger and exhaustion.

Someone to bring the following, Baking potatoes, fresh picked corn ?,
Steak sauces, deserts.

Donated items keep the price down for everyone.

Bring your own drinks and a chair to sit in AND A BIG SMILE.

Suggestions, improvements, encouragement

always needed.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone and seeing you there at Shelby,
please let me know if I left anyone

Off this list that might want to join us.  All are welcome.

Mike n4ofa     “Beautiful women love Rovers”