[Fourlanders] Writelog

Neal Sulmeyer k4ea at contesting.com
Wed Jun 1 16:38:55 EDT 2005

I just got off the phone with Dick, K5AND.  I was helping him setup
Writelog with "Direct I/O" for use on win2k/XP parallel ports.  He has
WL 10.53 installed.  I am currently using 10.49.  I was checking the WL
website to see what changes have been made.  I discovered that versions
greater than 10.50 will NOT network with older versions.

There is no operational advantage to upgrade to the newer version
(unless we expect to make over 65K QSO's).  At this late date, I suggest
that we stick with the older version, as we know we can make it work.

Neal, K4EA