[Fourlanders] The drive back.......

Rogers, Ron RR124640 at ncr.com
Tue Jun 14 13:18:14 EDT 2005

Well, the drive straight down the parkway to 74 to head west toward
Sylva was interesting and would have been beautiful if not for the
intense fog. But it did take significant time off the drive home.

It was great to see bright sunshine and dry conditions by the time I hit
Mountain City and Dillard........the drive down 985 toward Gainesville
was time to open the windows and let the 70 MPH winds air out the musty
interior of the van, along with wet towels and stale clothes aroma.

(And I was still hearing faint CW signals in the whine of semi-truck
tires as they passed)

By the time I reached Gainesville the air conditioner was turned on as
it got downright hot driving along.

Got home to find the lawn had grown at least 10 inches in height.  So
got the hay bailer out of the garage and dove into that job while using
up some of the left over 807's from my contest cooler.............

Boy, it was sure nice to jump into my comfortable bed last night !!!

Ron Rogers
WW8RR