[Fourlanders] Ethernet Switches

Paul Yeager, ABR(R), REALTOR(R) paul at mtnlist.com
Thu Feb 2 16:46:49 EST 2006

  "Rogers, Ron" <RR124640 at ncr.com> wrote:
    Do we want to use multiple switches that would still create a "sub net" to the second trailer.

  In what way does using a switch create a sub net?  You might do that with a router, but as I understand it, a switch routes traffic based on the MAC address, without regard to IP address.  Therefore, no sub net would be necessary, nor would one be created by the use of multiple switches.

  Perhaps I'm off the reservation here, and if I am, I'd love to be reeled back in.

  Best regards,

Paul Yeager, ABR®, REALTOR®
Broker Associate
Four Seasons Realty Group, Inc.