[Fourlanders] UHF Contest

Rogers, Ron RR124640 at ncr.com
Fri Jul 14 09:07:11 EDT 2006

OK by me ! Have at it .....

Ron
WW8RR

-----Original Message-----
From: fourlanders-bounces at contesting.com
[mailto:fourlanders-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Jim Worsham
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 6:34 PM
To: fourlanders at contesting.com
Subject: [Fourlanders] UHF Contest

Hello everyone.  Since Steve, K4RF is not going to be able to join us on
the mountain in September and his 10 GHz contact with W4DEX has really
fired him up, he and I have been talking about operating in the UHF
contest next month from the campground.  I have already called mile high
and the camping spots on the bald are available that weekend.  For those
of you who may not be familiar with it, the UHF contest is 222 MHz and
up only.  It is also only
24 hours long (2 PM Saturday to 2 PM Sunday).  As a result we can leave
the big 6 and 2 meter antennas at home and we can drive up Saturday
morning and drive back Sunday afternoon.  Steve and I are thinking about
driving up there with his camper and me pulling just one tower trailer.
We will set up all the antennas (single antennas on each band 222
through 3456) on the one tower and Steve will use his tripod setup again
on 5760 and 10 GHz.  We will operate out of Steve's camper and my truck
using low power brick amplifiers on 222 and 432.  With no big amplifiers
we should be able to run everything from one small generator.  Now that
I have given you the story now I will tell you why I am writing this
email.  First, Steve and I would certainly welcome any help with this we
can get.  I feel certain that he and I can get the antennas up by
ourselves but an extra pair of hands is always nice.
This is not a Fourlanders event but anyone in the Fourlanders who wants
to participate is certainly welcome.  Just let Steve and me know.
Second, Steve and I would like to borrow some Fourlanders property.
Specifically, one each of the 222, 432 and 1296 antennas, arotator and
some feedlines.  If everyone is OK with that or not please let us know.
Thanks.