[Fourlanders] 2006 contest season planning

Bob Lear k4sz at alltel.net
Sun Mar 5 23:06:21 EST 2006

Gentlemen, It is that time of year again!!  We need to start thinking
and talking about what we want to do for this years contests.

Please contact me by e-mail to register your preferences for the June
and September contests if you can plan that far out.  Do you want to do
the contest(s), do you want to be a band captain or some other role?
I'll compile the results and we'll then have a starting point for
further discussion.

I am also calling for our yearly meeting to be held after the
Kennehoochee Hamfest on March 18.  We can do the officers reports, the
obligatory election of officers, vote on any matters brought up, and
discuss the initial contest plans.  The more info you send me ahead of
time, the shorter our meeting!!  Also send me any item you'd like on the
agenda for discussion.

Since the hamfest is back at Jim Miller Park, I propose we leave the
hamfest around 1PM and adjourn to the Mexican Restaurant at Windy Hill
and Atlanta Road where we have had such a good time in the past.  I am
assuming it is still there.  If anyone has info please let me know.  We
can of course change locations if someone else has a better idea and is
willing to take the lead on that item.  Also if a majority thinks we
should leave earlier, I am open to that suggestion.

Anyone who would like to be an officer, just volunteer.

Current FourLanders Officers:

President   Bob Lear K4SZ
VicePres    Ron Rogers WW8RR
Secretary   Brian McCarthy NX9O
Treasurer   Neal Sulmeyer K4EA

Annual membership dues of $30 each will be collected at the meeting.
Those not attending should expect to be hearing from the treasurer soon
after the meeting.

That should just about take care of it.  If I missed something, let me
know with your contest plans reply.

73 Bob  K4SZ