[Fourlanders] Contest planning

Rogers, Ron RR124640 at NCR.COM
Mon May 15 10:51:18 EDT 2006

I thought I also might confirm our discussions about planned station
locations and trailer logistics for this June's contest.

At Greenville, we had discussed putting the 6 meter station in the
second trailer by itself with the 144, 222, & 432 stations being located
in Brian's big white trailer this time. I assume we are going forward
with that plan ?

The point was to gain more rapid and efficient response to scheduling
handoffs from 144 contacts on to 222 and 432 operators.

This will also reduce network component requirements since the 6 meter
station will not require an Ethernet Switch and extra Ethernet jumper in
this configuration.

Ron
WW8RR

-----Original Message-----
From: fourlanders-bounces at contesting.com
[mailto:fourlanders-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Bob Lear
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 12:04 AM
To: fourlanders at contesting.com
Subject: [Fourlanders] Contest planning

Gentlemen,

Not much else has happened since I sent the meeting minutes out, but we
do have a couple of things to think about.

1.  What version of WriteLog are we going to use this time.  We should
take input and make a decision that is reasonable and that everyone can
live with.  Recommendations?  I'd be happy using the same one we used
last fall unless we have reason to upgrade/change.

2.  I would like for all band captains to make sure that they can
accomodate at least two headsets for their station.  We have gone to
some effort to try to recruit and interest new members and I don't think
they should just sit in a chair and not at least be able to listen in
and learn the system from that.  If you can make more than two available
then please do.  Check your set-up and make sure having two sets doesn't
degrade your own audio.

Jim and I did an inventory on Friday and we now have enough rotators,
tower trailers and folks to pull the trailers to the mountain.  Don't
forget that we will be using Brians new diesel generator that is a
trailer on it's own.

Jeff called me last Thursday and is currently planning to be able to go
along and cook again.  We need to get the headphones on him when he's
not busy with kitchen duty too!!

Last chance for anyone wanting to purchase one of the HyGain rotators we
used to use.  They are going to Dayton later this week.  We have a Ham
III for $230 and a Ham IV for $280, both clean and in excellent shape,
only used by little old contesters on a couple of weekends a year!  If
you make an offer, we'll consider that also.

73 Bob