[Fourlanders] first contact

whensley11 at comcast.net whensley11 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 13 18:49:24 EDT 2007

Guys,

Taking the first step towards the line noise, the electric utility in the area is the
Haywood Electric Membership Corporation.  I spoke with a gentleman today who
indicated there was a distribution line about a mile east of our site.  He is to put me in
touch with their system engineer next week.

I did a lot of tongue biting!  This guy first said he had never heard of power line
interference, but later on did say they had trouble in one area interfering with a
telephone service.  He had never heard of amateur radio.

Next week, hopefully less tongue biting!

...Kim - WG8S