[Fourlanders] Another work session

Bob Lear k4sz at alltel.net
Tue May 22 10:29:09 EDT 2007

There have been requests and we've checked with several folks and
decided to schedule another contest prep work session for this coming
Saturday, May 26 for those of you who can make it.  This is not
mandatory of course, but we do have all kinds of assorted stuff to do.

Ivan is coming to help me do some trailer and tower mechanical stuff,
Jim is going to pack up his 6m station that was set up here and tested.
  I am also hoping to get the 2m station set up and tested and ready to
pack then also, so if some of our newer members are interested, that
will be a good familiarization session with our gear and how we set it
up, test it and then pack to go to the mountain.  We will also spend
some time prepping the stacked pairs with the new quick clamp boom to
mast plates and install them on the masts in their locations so that
will speed set-up on the mountain.  Jim if you have time, stop and get
another pair of the quick connects from HRO this week (for 432).

We didn't find any of the items on our 4L want list at Dayton, but we
will manage to get by with borrowed gear as usual. Haven't heard from
Ron to see if he had any better success on Sunday that we had earlier.
If he didn't find the needed U-bolts, I'll take care of them.

I know Ron is thinking, what's the matter with those guys.  He gave us
hardline UHF connectors before and we were trying to buy more!!!  I was
thinking about that on the trip back from Dayton and I found them.  I
had just completely forgotten when we were working on stuff the previous
trip.  There is a brand new 44ASP UHF male connector and a cut-off
female UHF type that I found.  I will clean up the used one to get it
ready before this weekend and Jim knows how to install them if Ron
doesn't have time to come up.  Unless someone has another suggestion, we
are going to go with 175' for the 6m feedline and Ron has already made
the rotator cable at 175', but it is easily extendable because of the
connector set and cabling scheme he devised.

Let me know any other concerns, suggestions, complaints, etc.

TNX, 73 Bob W4ZST