[Fourlanders] Item needed for contest

Bob Lear k4sz at alltel.net
Tue May 22 11:58:12 EDT 2007

Gentlemen,

Forgot to mention this in the work session note:

I am in need of a cable.  If I can find one, it will save me many hours
of work for contest prep.

Maybe one of you will have one in your junkbox where it's type is
typically found.

I need a real DB-15 cable.  Two rows of pins, not the High Density type
DB15 with three rows in a db9 shell that is used for monitors and
monitor extension cables.  Some of these real DB15 cables were used in
various computer systems.  The one I am using (and need another mate
for) came from a Sun workstation system.  It is pretty heavy cable, over
3/8 OD with 12 wires, looks like 6 #18 and 6 #22's in it.  something
similar would really help me out.  Almost any length, but over 10 feet
would be best.  Any size wire will actually be OK too as long it is say
22 or larger.  The shells on mine are nice and heavy duty also.

If anyone has something like this in the junk box, let me know and we'll
get together.  It will save me lot of time if we can find one.

Also if anyone has a new UHF connector for Andrew LDF 4-50 1/2"
hardline, we'll buy it from you or you can donate it to the effort. Male
or Female OK but it needs to be UHF.  We have N's and adapters but we
are trying to cut down on using so many adapters in the system.

Thanks, bob