[Fourlanders] FW: ARLX007 Motorola buys Yaesu

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 5 21:57:31 EST 2007

This is a big surprise!  I have NO idea why Motorola would want to buy
Yaesu.  Obviously Yaesu has something they need.  Maybe a marketing and
sales presence in Japan for 2 way radio.  I know the one thing they didn't
buy Yaesu for and that was amateur radio.  Look for Yaesu to exit the
amateur radio market within a year or two.  This is a sad day for us hard
core Yaesu guys.