[Fourlanders] Final Contest Update

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 6 00:11:19 EDT 2007

I talked to Mile High Campground today and added two more camp sites.  We
now have 16, 17, 18, 18A, 19, 19A and 19B.  I tried to get 20 also but they
say that one is still reserved.  Hopefully that will give us enough room for
everyone to park and camp.  If not, let me know and we will get more space.
We have enough folks that the cost per person for the camping shouldn't be
too bad.  I also scored us twenty 5.8 GHz cordless telephones today.  We
will use a couple of those for an intercom between the two trailers which
will hopefully cut down on the running back and forth and we will use the
rest to make some microwave (5.8 GHz) Qs for the log.  These cordless
telephones are new in the box and will need someone to unpack, charge and
get them ready.  I will have my hands full with 6 meters so I need a
volunteer to be the "band captain" for the 5.8 GHz cordless telephones.  We
will also need a long power strip with as many outlets as we can get to plug
as many of these things in as we can to charge their batteries.  If anyone
has such a power strip please bring it.  Thanks.