[Fourlanders] January VHF Sweepstakes

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 20 17:44:57 EST 2008

I would like to use the K3 to see how it performs.  We can live without the
pan display for this contest.  Frankly, now that I have used that on the
FT2000 in June and September I find it to be more of a novelty than a useful
tool but others may disagree.  The internet access we had this past year was
much more useful and is almost a must have in my mind for packet spots,
checking propagation, etc.  That reminds me, Bob will we have DSL/internet
available up there?  If not, we are going to need to score Bills cellular
data card again and check to make sure that it works at Bobs place.  Scott,
I am going to need to integrate the K3 into my 6 meter station so I need to
either borrow it from you for a couple of weeks before the contest or set
everything up at your place and get it running.  I am OK either way, just
let me know.  Another contest in just a few weeks, I am starting to get
excited!