[Fourlanders] new power supply boards

Dick Hanson dick at dkhanson.com
Sun Jul 20 12:07:00 EDT 2008

Hi guys...
I am in the midst of planning another six meter travel amp as well as
building a replacement medium voltage power supply for home use.

As a result, I have had Fred, at FAR circuits, do some PC boards for me.

Here's the deal. They are configured for a full-wave bridge rectifier with 4
diodes in each leg. There are holes and space for 8 snap-in electrolytics
and 8 voltage equalizing resistors. The boards measure 4.5" by 7".

My design goal was to have a package capable of delivering up to 3400VDC at
2amps. Of course, your mileage will vary depending on which caps you use. I
have both 450VDC as well as 400VDC and I prefer the P600M 6amp diodes.
1N5408s will work just fine, and they are half the price of P600M. The
boards I have built for the new travel amp will put out 2900VDC at 2amps
with the trans I have selected.

You only need to add glitch resistor, B- resistor and diode combo to be in
bidness.

Boards are $10 each, plus shipping.
73
Dick, K5AND