[Fourlanders] APRS with Rovers?

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Mon May 5 10:56:11 EDT 2008

You are correct.  Only rovers can transmit APRS.  I to was confused about
all of this talk about transmitting APRS.  Besides the self spotting issue
it seems rather pointless.  Everyone knows who and where we are.  We need to
access APRS to see the rovers.  It can be via internet (my preference if
possible because then we can also access packet cluster for spots) or direct
RF connection to a nearby digi.  I will leave it to the experts to decide
the best way to do it.