[Fourlanders] workday at K4KAZ QTH

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Sun Aug 2 05:52:20 PDT 2009

We have tentatively scheduled a workday for this Sunday morning to start
taking down the antennas and towers at Fred's QTH.  Scott got it started
off and Pat says Sunday morning will be fine with her.  An early start
so that we will have some cooler air maybe.

I am looking for a GIN pole to use.  If anyone has access to one that we
can get for this project, let me know.

I'll also keep an eye on the Weather situation and forecast for Sunday
as we go along.

Pat will  feed us lunch on Sunday also, if we get to do this.

Let me know if you can help out.  We have about a 60' Rohn 25 to take
down that has a 6m beam and rotator on top.  There is about a 50' tower
of some other type that has maybe an HF beam and a vertical on it.
There is also a small square crank-up that has something on it that
needs to come down.  She will keep one other tower up with FM verticals
on it for her own use.  I am going to try to reconnect all her FM radios
while we are there too.

Bob