[Fourlanders] Lead Acid Batteries Available At Shelby, NC Hamfest

Robin Midgett K4IDC K4IDC at comcast.net
Tue Aug 25 06:08:16 PDT 2009

Greetings,
I have a small inventory of deep cycle lead acid batteries to offer.
These are model SD 11, 2 volt at 200Ah batteries made by Fiamm.
Here's a link to the info sheet:
http://www.fiammamerica.com/media/productdocuments/76916255862720088431SD%20SDH%20%20Family.pdf

These batteries were removed from service this year on a contract
basis. The contract stipulates that one weak cell in the pack is
cause for the entire pack to be replaced, so there's lots of good
batteries in the packs.

Unlike many wet cell batteries, these are weigh only 45lbs. each, so
270 lbs for a 12 volt string. I can deliver to the Shelby, NC hamfest
over Labor Day weekend. Since these batteries take up considerable
space and payload capacity (not to mention the other issues), I'd
rather not haul more of them than necessary, so I'd like to make
arrangements in advance. I'm asking $200 for a set of six batteries.
The electrolyte levels are all good, the batteries are being charged
and will be load tested prior to delivery. Please contact me off list
if you'd like more information.

Thank you,
Robin Midgett K4IDC