[Fourlanders] Street Lights Buzzing

Bob Mantell k4esa at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 11:30:16 EST 2009

Hi Guys,

Maybe one of you has chased this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help,

73 de Bob,

 K4ESA EM74qc

Bob Mantell
404-934-9648

I have a noise issue I have been chasing since I started using 6M regular.   The buzzing noise turns off and on at different intervals and is on for about the same amount of time.  I only hear this during the dark hours, in the 46 to 66 MHz range SSB and to the south.  The colder and dryer it is, the stronger  the noise is, sometimes reaching 7 s-units.  If I turn the yagi due north the band it total quiet.  When it cycles off, the band is quiet south also, only south GA and North FL folks who think I am deaf.

 I think I am hearing the street lights, and since I live in a hilly area the car headlights turn the lights off and they have to restart.   Really late at night the time between the noise is longer as there is less traffic.

Anyone have any thoughts?   Or a understanding contact at Cobb EMC?

73 de Bob,

 K4ESA EM74qc

Bob Mantell
404-934-9648
__._,_.___
Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Calendar
Community email addresses:
  Post message: nfarl at onelist.com
  Subscribe:    nfarl-subscribe at onelist.com

Shortcut URL to this page: