[Fourlanders] middle of nowhere

Randal DePriest N4AC at amsat.org
Tue Jul 7 11:06:39 PDT 2009

Well, where I am (FN04xn), there's roaming and then there's DATA
roaming. At the cottage (Canada-speak for lake house), I have about
1-2 bars via Rogers.  In Peterborough (where I am now) it's max bars.

But... From what I've observed, cable TV, if it's here, is only in
urban areas. If the rural areas have Internet access, it is via DSL
(doubtful) or satellite.

Note that every house in the rural areas gas a tower with a big TV
antenna. I've seen a few satellite TV dishes.

Randal