[Fourlanders] ArchiveOrange

Brian McCarthy rfacres at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 09:21:59 PST 2009

Doing a bit of Google searching, I find that this is the same address
that has shown up to subscribe to a number of Linux related email
lists. The stated purpose of ArchiveOrange is to provide enhanced
alternate searching of email reflectors and related content. They are
most likely advertising supported. It is also quite possible that they
could be harvesting email addresses for spamming.

Scanning through the list of sites currently archived by this site, I
see no other ham radio related content. Putting in "VHF" as a search
string gave me one message in some other language that might have been
related to a diving list. If you are curious, take a look at
http://web.archiveorange.com/ . Make sure to use all appropriate
caution (script checking...) before clicking.

Unless anyone has an objection, I am denying this and future
subscription requests from them.

We now return to our regularly scheduled radio related discussions.

Thank you,
Brian
NX9O
Fourlanders Mailing List Admin'