[Fourlanders] Pack Roving

Bob Mantell k4esa at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 19 16:13:05 PDT 2009

To get more folks interested in roving, a general increase in interest in VHF/UHF and up in the North Ga area might help.  Weekly SSB nets on 6 and 2 M that beginners with  FT-857s and 706s could get involved with should stimulate the higher bands also .  And before long folks would start thinking about roving the area looking for high points to contest from.    Plus it could lead to more fixed stations to work also.

If some of you guys with good 6 and 2 meter fixed setups will call the net/nets, I will take the lead in promoting it/them.  Maybe at 8pm EST prior to the 70cm net???   There is a 2 meter net out of central FL the big guns could QSY over to or from during that time  also

73 de Bob,

 K4ESA EM74qc

Bob Mantell
k4esa at yahoo.com