[Fourlanders] June contest

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Tue Apr 6 08:46:56 PDT 2010

Well it's probably time to start planning for the June contest.  Jim has
taken care of getting our spaces at Mile High campground.  As a first
pass let's consider just submitting as limited multi, but setting up as
full multi.  We have discussed this and it seems that we place one or
two places higher nationwide as limited over full multi.  I have a
suggestion that we could even just do limited and use a different call
sign for the microwave station.  Would probably take some getting used
to, but could certainly be done.  Think about it and let me know your
thoughts on that.

Right now, I think that all the usual band captains are willing to
continue.  If anyone wants a respite or would like to do a different
band, throw it out for discussion as I'm sure we could find common ground.

Here are dates to put on your calendars for this years contests.

The June contest dates are the 12th and 13th.  We would leave here on
Friday June 11th and return Monday June 14th for the full time crew.

The CW WW VHF contest is July 17th and 18th.  I plan to host this again
at my QTH for all the group who would like to participate this summer.

The September contest dates are September 11th and 12th.

That should get things started.  Let me know if you are participating so
I can start a list and get things organized.

73, Bob W4ZST