[Fourlanders] FW: [Moon-net] N8CQ 432Mhz EME

Rogers, Ron RR124640 at ncr.com
Sun Aug 22 13:26:00 PDT 2010

New EME location update from Gary !!

Ron
WW8RR

From: moon-net-bounces at list-serv.davidv.net [moon-net-bounces at list-serv.davidv.net] On Behalf Of Gary Abercrombie [gabercr at nc.rr.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2010 4:17 PM
To: moon at moonbounce.info; moon-net at list-serv.davidv.net
Subject: [Moon-net] N8CQ 432Mhz EME

I finally have a permanent QTH for my EME operation after closing on the
mountain acreage on Friday.  Not to waste any time, I erected the base
section of my Rohn 45 tower on Saturday mixing 400lbs of concrete by hand.

I have a great view at 3950 feet in West Jefferson, NC after getting the lot
cleared and the basement dug.  I was pleasantly surprised to see the moon
come up above the horizon on Saturday.  This is definitely a new experience
for me as I usually needed 35 degrees to clear my house in Raleigh, NC and
most stations were already QRT.

Grid is EM96 which is 180 miles from my primary residence so I guess I will
be starting over again as a new initial.

I hope to be QRV for ARRL EME Round 2 and/or 3 from this new QTH.  Hopefully
I will have my 12x16ele EME array up permanently in several weeks for
testing.  The 30' dish project will be forthcoming....

I will try to update my website as the setup progresses.

73, Gary N8CQ

http://www.rfdesignpatterns.com