[Fourlanders] FW: [Moon-net] N8CQ 432Mhz EME

Shane Autrey KI4M iam4thapack at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 15:44:52 PDT 2010

I wish him luck keeping that array in the air up there. I had an ice bridge collapse and destroy a radome on a 8' 6.5 GHz dish last year at an elevation lower than his new QTH. It is in the same area. I could NOT get to the tower site from mid January to middle March. The ice that fell off the tower was still on the ground when I arrived. The pieces were between 4-6" thick from the tower legs. I will see if I can find some pictures and send them to you guys. Amazing the winter we had here in Western NC. I can remember going into Clingman's Peak, mountain beside Mt. Mitchell, in March. The snow was over the mirrors on my F-350 truck and that wasn't the drifts!

Shane Autrey KI4M EM95dr