[Fourlanders] Contest Update/Workday progress

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Fri Jan 15 16:30:03 PST 2010

Jim has some kind of transmission trouble and may not make it at all for
the workday.  He is going to get it checked first thing in the morning
and will come on if it can be fixed quickly.  We don't need his trailer
and can get the amp and 6m rig later this coming week.

I have made considerable progress these last two nice days.  6m, 2m, 222
and microwave trailers in place and leveled.  6m antennas assembled and
rotator in the tower.  That's all I can do by myself on 6m so it is
cocked and loaded for in the morning.

I am using my rotating mast trailer (T-rex) for 2m and have everything
ready to finish, but I need help with the remainder for 2m but stuff is
staged and ready for an assault on it too.

222 is in the air, feedlines and rotator cable run.  Ready to hook up
and make smoke.

We will need Ron's trailer for 432, but it will also be a quick set-up
as we will put it on the concrete parking area and everything else is
staged and ready for it tomorrow.

Microwave antennas are on the tower and in the air.  Just need to hang
the 7/8 hardlines and adjust for North and it will be ready to crank on
up into the ether.

So I think we won't have much trouble getting the antenna work done
quickly tomorrow morning in advance of the rain and then we can work
inside on setting up the stations.  The shack is pretty well ready for
that too.

So far we have Me, Ron, Scott and Tom in the morning and Jim may get
there sometime or not at all.  I think that with what I have prepared,
we will be OK.  \

See you in the morning.  73, Bob