[Fourlanders] FW: Check out Amateur Radio Ham Radio Maidenhead Grid Square Locator Map

w4zst at windstream.net w4zst at windstream.net
Tue Jan 26 12:21:47 PST 2010

But do take it with a grain of salt as I checked just a few of our own members and found two that were way off, even as far as EM74 listed vs EM84 actual and the street address was correct.  It even lists mine as in town and not the one I actually entered on QRZ.  Of course, for our purposes, it should always be good enough for a useful beam heading unless the person moved states or something and didn't update their address with FCC which is a very common thing these days.   Interestingly, it serendipitously picked a spot for Steve which was about halfway between the actual Post Office address he uses and where his station is, which is actually another county.  But then it would have no way to know that anyway.

It is a neat site though.  I like that you can see the outline of the six digit grid square on the map. Other sites that have grids didn't have that feature.

Bob