[Fourlanders] Sept VHF QSO party results: HIGH FIVES

w4zst at windstream.net w4zst at windstream.net
Tue Jan 26 18:49:00 PST 2010

Gentlemen, the September VHF QSO party results have been posted temporarily at

http://aptos.arrl.org/contests/2009%20September%20VHF%20QSO%20Party%20Results%20-%20Interim%20PDF%20Version%201A.pdf

They will get back to the regular ARRL web page soon and be published in the next magazine issue.

We have placed the highest nationwide that we have done from MileHigh Campground.

Check these stats:

SIXTH place NATIONWIDE in Limited MultiOp

THIRD place Southeast Division in Limited MultiOp

QSO's:
Sixth place 50 MHz limited
Seventh place 144 MHz limited
Sixth place 222 MHz limited
Fifth place 432 MHz limited

Multiplier Grids:
SECOND place 50 MHz limited
Sixth place 144 MHz limited
Fifth place 222 MHz limited
Fifth place 432 MHz limited

Probably the first time we had shown in the top ten limited on all four bands.  We did do microwave but chose to enter as limited as we seem to place higher there where we can't crack the barrier in full multi from our location in the SE.

Anyway, it appears that we should probably continue entering as limited, but I have some ideas about ways to continue with the microwave activity too.  It is perfectly OK to run full and enter only four bands as limited among them.

Congratulations to the September operating crew on achieving this position for us.  Yes we have made higher scores and probably placed higher sometimes in grids or mults, but this is the first time for SIXTH place nationwide from the NC site.

The September 6m band captain will be expecting an apology from W4ATL after posting these results!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73, Bob