[Fourlanders] Fw: [VHFcontesting] VHF Callsign Database Update Released

Dick Hanson dick at dkhanson.com
Tue Jul 13 04:51:35 PDT 2010

Morning, guys....
Concerning the database, you may also want to consider contacting K5TR,
George, who lives here in Austin.
He may be willing to share his recent contact list with you. Since it had
over 1900 contacts in it, I should think it would be pretty useful as a
database to check partials.
73
Dick

Update
> Released
>
> Yes, a file that should be usable can be exported from Writelog.
>
> No, the value of this database is minimal. Ron reviewed it and found
> that it still lists W9ICE and quite a number of other stations that
> have not been active in VHF contests for many years.
>
> This is the guy that travels from Maggie Valley to somewhere else to
> operate 6M in the VHF contests.
>
> I believe the consensus before the contest was, No.
>
> What would be useful is something that I started to do, and had a
> small failure before I ran out of time before the June contest. I
> found a reasonably quick way of importing W4NH logs into a MASTER.DTA
> file for use in Writelog's versions of Check Call. I was thinking that
> a rolling combination of the last five years would be reasonable. I
> can have it ready for this weekend, maybe even send it in email
> Wednesday.
>
> Just my thoughts,
> Brian
> NX9O
>
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 5:44 PM, James Worsham <wa4kxy at bellsouth.net>
wrote:
> > Will this work with Writelog?  Is there any value in this for us?
Asking folks
> > who are more Writelog savy than I am.
> >
> > 73
> > Jim, W4KXY

VHF
> > Contest.  The Release Number is 2010.07.11.00.  If there are any
subsequent
> > releases before the July CQ VHF Contest, the last two digits of the
Release
> > Number will change.
> >
> > I would appreciate if contributors send me their Cabrillo Files after
the
> > July CQ VHF Contest so that an update can be generated before the
September
> > VHF Contest.
> >
> > The Release Files can be downloaded from    www.k3lr.com/w9zrx/    .
The
> > trailing "/" is important.  The .DTB File may also be downloaded from
> > http://download.win-test.com/databases/
> >
> > With this release the Database has grown from 13,820 to 15,898
Callsigns.
> > Please E-Mail any changes or correction to my E-Mail Address.
> >
> > The Organization of Files at the Site Have Been Changed with the
> > 2010.07.11.00 Release
> >
> > The .DTA and .SCP Files support Super Check Partial for CT, N1MM, and
> > Win-Test.  Please send the other Contest Logging Programs that can use
these
> > and the other Formats for Super Check Partial.
> >
> > The .DTB File supports "Exchange Guessing" for Win-Test.  I would have
used
> > the File Name VHF_USA_DTB_2010071100.zip, but this is the Name Format is
> > examined daily by the Win-Test WEB Site.  , The File is automatically
copied
> > to the Win-Test WEB Site when the File Date Changes.
> >
> > The EXCEL Format Files are provided for those who wish to make other use
of
> > the Data.
> >
> >         File Name                      Contains                  Format

> > VHF_CALL_SORT_2010071100.zip  Calls + Grids - Call sort        - EXCEL
File

> > VHF_Grid_Sort_2010071100.zip  Calls + Grids - Grid Sort Square - EXCEL
File

> > VHF_CSV_SORT_2010071100.zip    Calls + Grids Call Sort          - .CSV
File

> > VHF_USA_2010071100.zip        Calls + Grids - Win-Test Format  - .DTB
File

> > VHF_USA_SCP_2010071100.zip    Calls Only - Call Sort            - ANSI
Text

> > VHF_USA_DTA_2010071100.zip    Calls Only - Call Sort            - .DTA
File