[Fourlanders] Ellijay Hamfest

Tom McElroy tommcelroy.mail at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 03:28:51 PDT 2010

The annual Ellijay Hamfest is next Saturday, 31 July.

This year, it will present a special opportunity for members seeking to
advance in license-class, skills and knowledge.

AI4UD* - *Greg Abernathy PE, knows that a lot of us wonder about:

   - Ladder-line vs. coax, coax-losses, and SWR.
   - And just what do they mean when they say *"impedance" *anyhow?
   - Sometimes we wonder - would I have made a few more points if I was
   certain that my transmission line was adequate?

For those seeking to take General and Extra class exams, the conceptual
knowledge of these topics
will lead to better results at test time.  On Saturday, 31 July, Mr.
Abernathy will present a forum on the following:

*Transmissions Lines   9:00am*

   - My transmission line presentations will discuss the difference between
   balanced line vs un-balanced line.
   - Why impedance matching.
   - Reflections  and equivalent circuits.
   - The discussion will have very little math and stress concepts.

Plus - if you have specific questions in advance, please reply with your
question so we can add it to the discussion.

If you can find the Ellijay Lions Club in the Gilmer Fairgrounds, you're at
the Hamfest.
So have a biscuit, a cup of coffee and take a seat at the forum.
You will see familiar faces, in air-conditioned comfort!

Other information is found here:
http://www.ngamtn.com/w4hhh/

73,
Tom McElroy