[Fourlanders] DCI Bandpass Filter - High Reflected Power

Tom McElroy tommcelroy.mail at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 06:35:48 PDT 2010

Brian,
I just built a 5 section pi filter and had to troubleshoot it. I set it up
on the tracking generator and spectrum analyzer to see the insertion loss.
It was real easy to find the cold solder joint by poking at the inductors
with an orange-stick while watching the reponse curve displayed as I went.

So you're welcome to bring your filter over and we can narrow down the
problem.  BTW - the cold solder joint was due to some funk on the coil
wire.  It looked perfectly good under magnification and at DC.

Tom
KI4WOU