[Fourlanders] FW: [Mw] Panadapter for the FT-817 using the Funcube Dongle

Brian McCarthy brian at rfacres.com
Tue Dec 13 06:45:24 PST 2011

Just figure out an I/F output and try an SDR. Whether it is a Funcube,
Softrock, QS1R, or something from RF Space, I really like the
flexibility of an external unit like the SDR-14. The larger screen and
choices of software can tailor it to exactly what YOU want. The only
downside is having enough screen real estate as well as PC and video
horsepower.

I will never be interested in limited dedicated solutions like the DMU
or P3 after having spent so much time with the SDR-14. They are better
than no display, but there is so much more that can be done.

Vive la difference!
Brian
NX9O