[Fourlanders] Contest Update

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Wed Jan 12 11:54:19 PST 2011

Well, I got out yesterday for a while and went to town, but it is colder
today so I think I'll stay snowed in up here on the hill.  We only had
about 4" of snow here, but the wind sure has been blowing.

Anyway, last Saturday, 1/8, Scott and Ron came up and we got the 6m and
2m antenna trailers situated and the antennas are in the air and
working.  We also got the 6 and 2 m omni antennas up.  Copying beacons
on both sets of antennas and both bands.

We are planning another workday before the contest to get the remaining
band antennas up this coming Saturday, 1/15.  Scott, Ron and Jim are
coming to do the antennas and also bring their station equipment which
will also probably get set up.  After we finish here we will head out to
Rooster's for Wings and Beers.  Anyone wishing to come and help out is
welcome.  Just let me know.  We will definitely get 222 and 432 up and
if we have time then we'll do the microwave stuff.

For the contest, I have the following list of those planning to spend
the night:  Brian and Anna, Jim W4KXY, Kos N4NIA, Jim WE8W, Kim WG8S,
Scott NN4W and Ivan K4VJM.  Tom K4TJD is planning to bring his camper
and we will set him up out by the building and give him power for the
camper heat.  He may be able to put another person up with him.  We can
handle more folks if they bring their own sleeping bags and/or cots, but
that pretty much takes care of all the beds I have available.

I will put out a food list this weekend or early next week.  We will
plan on dinner Saturday night and two or three meals on Sunday.  I just
talked to Jeff and he is planning Brunswick Stew and Cornbread for
Saturday night and Spaghetti, Salad and Bread for Sunday night.  Maybe
Kos and I will just make a Sunday late breakfast and call it Brunch, so
we will only need that one meal during the day on Sunday.  We could have
some doughnuts and coffee for the early risers on Sunday to tide them
over until Brunch.  How's that sound for a plan?

Everything is going OK for now.  We'll just have to see what the weather
brings for the contest weekend and hope it doesn't do this to us again.

Bob