[Fourlanders] W4NH Fild Day at W4ZST QTH

w4zst at windstream.net w4zst at windstream.net
Tue Jun 21 07:14:28 PDT 2011

Sorry I haven't gotten info out sooner, but computer problems, heat and laziness all factor  in.

The Fourlanders will operate a modest Field Day effort as class 2A + 6m operating from Great White in the driveway of W4ZST.  We will have a tri-band beam and 6m beam up as well as a long wire for all bands, and a tri-band vertical and possibly another wire dipole.  Thanks to NX9O for the use of Great White.

All who wish to participate are invited.  This will not be a cut-throat effort, but a leisurely operating event to have some fun.  Confirmed so far are W4ZST, W4KXY, K4TJD, W0ONR, W5ONT and K4VJM.  Not sure about plans for K5AWC and KF5DSP, but they may still be here.  The NGARC members are also invited to participate.  Field Day is an especially useful learning experience for new hams to see antennas and radios being set up and to get a chance to operate under portable conditions.  There will be ample time for questions and discussions also.  There will be some show and tell gear here too.

We will be setting up starting Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.  Anyone wanting to help, see what's going on, learn, or just hang out are invited.

The official start time is 2PM Saturday and lasts till 2PM Sunday.

Those wishing to participate please contact me via e-mail or phone 770-654-4057

K4TJD is bringing his pop-up camper to camp out and there may be another.  There is plenty of camping space here.  There may be space for some others to stay inside overnight too.  Contact me if interested.

We will have two meals here.  Saturday night dinner will be BBQ pork sandwiches and smoked Italian sausage brats with slaw and potato salad.  Sunday breakfast will be pancakes and sausage.  Thanks to Chris W5ONT for the BBQ and smoked sausages.
Bring your own beer, cold drinks and snacks.  We have a convenient refrigerator available.  Maybe we'll send out for a pizza on Sunday afternoon.  Please let me know if you will be here to eat with us for either or both meals so I will have enough.

Hope to see you here and we can all have an enjoyable time for Field Day.

Bob W4ZST