[Fourlanders] September contest kickoff

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Sun Aug 5 15:43:38 PDT 2012

It is time to start making serious plans for the September VHF QSO
Party, September 8,9.  Reservations have been made with Mile-High
Campground for the contest weekend.

Because there are possibly some key people unable to come for the
contest this year, I am calling now for those of you able to commit to
coming to the mountain for the contest so that I can make a decision
about whether we will be able to put a proper group together or whether
we will need to drop back and consider doing the contest at the W4ZST
QTH, like we had to do last year.

This involves band captains, trailer pullers, operators and all.

Let me know ASAP what role you have planned to do, whether you are
available for the entire weekend or not and those who usually pull
trailers and any others available.

With that information, I should be able to put together a list of the
usual duties and make sure we have all bases covered and enough folks to
get everything up to the mountain and get antennas and stations set up.
  And of course, back down and back home.

thanks for your prompt responses, Bob